There is reason to be stoked for the 18/19 season:
Performance Based Tuning & Waxing with HWK in Breckenridge (Indoor) – 10/27
- The focus of this clinic will give the basics of waxing and tuning to prepare and maintain alpine, snowboard and Nordic skis. We will go over initial ski preparation, side wall cutting, side wall maintenance and waxing. We will discuss and demonstrate setting side-edge angle, base-angle and how to maintain it. We will also demonstrate how to hand sharpen and demonstrate sharpening with the new sidewall machines. Waxing your skis will be demonstrated so that you can wax efficiently and have the best outcome. We will also demonstrate World Cup techniques and waxes for the interested racer. You will come away from this clinic with the ability to maintain your own skis, so you have fast and sharp skis all season.
Instructor Teaching Workshop with Horst Abraham (Indoor) – 12/8 – 12/9 Location is TBD. Keep an eye on our website for updated location info.
- This course is a 2-day workshop design that aims to help instructors and trainers move their working understanding of EE to the next level. The program methodology will be a robust combination of thought exchange, experimentation, examining new and old concepts and practices, and collaborative idea generation aiming to tune up our instructional practices to optimal levels of impact and effectiveness. The desired workshop outcome is to ‘refresh’ what we think we know and believe about our profession, unafraid to change and innovate in the process to serve the workshop mantra of: Simplify, Amplify, Gamify!
Women’s Ski Summit in Steamboat Springs – 1/15 – 1/17
- The Summit provides opportunities for industry professionals to train with elite coaches, share ideas, influence the future, and network with women colleagues in cross-industry fields from across the globe. New this season is the exciting location change to Steamboat Springs. Take advantage of having this important event in your ‘back yard’.
Making the Most of the Top of the Turn with Ron LeMaster in Breckenridge – 1/23 – 1/24
- From arcing carved turns to slithering through moguls to navigating steep chutes and walls, an array of tactics and techniques can be used between the edge change and the fall line that can broaden the range of terrain, snow conditions, and lines that a skier can handles well and enjoy. This clinic will explore some of those tactics and techniques, including early carving, smearing, feathering, stivots, and inriggers. We’ll not only talk about advanced skiing, we’ll investigate how some of these skills can be taught at lower levels to improve any skier’s versatility and overall skiing ability. Approximately a third of this clinic will consist of indoor presentations and discussion.
Interdivisional Spring Symposium at Sun Valley, ID – 4/12 – 4/14
- We’re ready to put the icing on the cake with this end of the season bash that has been a Northwest tradition for almost 50 years! This two-day educational extravaganza showcases Northwest, Northern Intermountain, Intermountain and Rocky Mountain clinicians in a myriad of topic choices, ranging from everything under the sun, pun intended.