PSIA-Rocky Mountain-AASI Training Academy
The Rocky Mountain Training Academy is designed for those individuals considering a career in teaching skiing or snowboarding. The course will provide insight to the job of an instructor and specific training and certifications. After 10 days, attendees with possess the skills and qualifications that will transfer to their success in the snowsports industry. The course will be conducted on-snow as well as in a classroom setting during evening indoor technical sessions. Our top level PSIA-RM-AASI education staff members will spend 10 days and 3 evenings providing you with interactive presentations and plenty of practice to better your teaching, movement analysis and sliding skills. The course will provide each participant 5 days of training and the opportunity to obtain their PSIA or AASI Level 1 Certification and Children’s Specialist 1 qualification. Don’t miss out on this inaugural opportunity to learn from some of the best in the industry and take your skiing and teaching skills to the next level.
- The Level 1 and Children’s Specialist 1 require successful completion of the exam before it can be awarded.
- Attendance in the Children’s Specialist 1 requires successful completion of the Level 1 Exam, if a participants in unsuccessful at the Level 1 Exam a refund for the Children’s Specialist 1 exam days will be provided
Alpine Training Academy will be held November 12-21st
- Alpine Level 1 Exam Prep – Breckenridge – Nov. 12-15th
- Alpine Level 1 Exam – Copper – Nov. 16-18th
- Children’s Specialist 1 Prep – Breckenridge – Nov. 19th
- Children’s Specialist 1 Exam – Breckenridge – Nov. 20-21st
- Pricing for the 10-day Academy is $1,500 and includes:
- 17-18 PSIA-Rocky Mountain-AASI membership
- Lift tickets at each resort
- Social Hour with free appetizers and drinks at the Member School Management Fall Training in Breckenridge
- Three informational evening sessions, dinner will be provided at the evening sessions
- Deadline to register is October 12th
- This is an inaugural event and we have a minimum participant requirement for the event to run, please contact the office prior to booking anything non-refundable (lodging, flight, etc)
- Don’t miss out on this great opportunity! The first 8 participants to sign up will receive a discounted rate of $1,350 for the entire 10-day academy.
- Lodging discounts available at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge, CO for a rate of $117/night (one King) or $143/night (2 Queens) + $8 resort fee and taxes. To reserve a lodging room call (888) 525-1787 and select option 1, provide agent with Group Code G7P for PSIA – November 2017 rate. You can also reserve online at Breckenridge.DoubleTree.com. Click on the blue link for add special rate codes on the left side of the homepage. Please reference Group Code: G7P in the group code field.
Transportation & Meals
- It will be the participant’s responsibility to provide transportation to and from all events. There is a bus service that runs between the resorts, find more information at this link
- Dinner will be provided at the three evening sessions (Nov. 14th, Nov. 17th, Nov. 19th), all other meals will be provided by the participant
How to Sign Up
Step 1: Join as a PSIA-Rocky Mountain-AASI member! Annual dues are $119/year.Join as a New Member Here
Step 2: Once you have joined as a new member, you can sign up for the full 10-day Training Academy.Sign Up for Training Academy
- You can view all Alpine Level 1 materials at this link under the Alpine Level 1 category
- You can view the Children’s Specialist 1 materials at this link under the Children’s Specialist 1 category
Upcoming Training Academies
- We will be hosting a second Alpine & Snowboard Training Academy April 11-20th at Breckenridge, Loveland and A-Basin. Stay tuned for more details on this event.