Quarterly meeting of the Rocky Mountain Board of Directors Steamboat Springs CO July 14th 2015
For those of you who were unable to attend last week’s board meeting below is a “cliff notes” version of the minutes. For a full copy of the minutes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In attendance: Board members; Joel Munn, Rick Hinckley, Rick Rodd, Jane Tarlow, Robin May, Andy Docken, Jenny Cooper, Erik Mogensen, Donnie Mechalke.
Those absent: Alicia Houchen, John Kirschner, Bob Lemley
Others present: Patti Banks, Jim Shaw, Chris Rogers, Barbara Szwebel, Jonathan Ballou, Dana Forbes, Dave Gregory, Carolyn Krueger
Meeting was called to order at 9:10
- April and May meeting minutes approved
- No one from membership in attendance
- Education update Dave Gregory; recapped Examiner exchange, Regional Team Selection, Learn to be a Ski instructor classes held through Red Rocks Community College and NM University for Alpine Level 1, summer clinic offerings, new Children’s Chair Stacy Gerrish.
- Children’s, Freestyle, Alpine, Snowboard, Adaptive, Cross Country and Telemark reports
- John Kirschner History of RM proposal project; board approved $5000 to the project
- ASEA Rep update: Joel Munn; Mark Dorsey has resigned and they will be forming a CEO search committee. Interski is expected to be fully funded through donations so the whole team will be attending
- Erik Mogenson: Updated the board that ASEA may be offering iTrainSnowsports, his company, a contract to provide a clinician staffing tool to ASEA
- Budget and Finance Committee briefly discussed the investment income encouraging that we have Larimer Capital present at our next meeting. Dana suggested that 1-3% of total operating income should be donated towards this fund
- Executive Director Update: Membership increased 5.6%, event revenue increased 5%, moving forward to the proposed FY 15/16 budget; no dues increase recommended, event fee increase of $5 per event day, $30,000 in education projects proposed. The addition of a new 8-month position of Training Manger also added to budget. Both the RM and EF proposed budgets were approved.
- New Board Committees: Technology, Proportional voting exploration, Task force to establish process for replacement of office personnel in the future and recruitment of board members