The Equipment and Facilities Specialist supports the equipment and facilities team by providing excellent client service regarding equipment needs. Assists in setting, distributing and maintaining equipment for clients. Supports staff with student assessments and assists in determining adaptive equipment needs. Tunes, repairs, and tests adaptive equipment. Drives and maintains snowmobiles and other vehicles as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in performing physical evaluation for equipment fitting, selection of appropriate equipment, and makes appropriate adaptations to equipment.
- Set-up winter , summer and adaptive equipment for group and individual lessons
- Assembles, inspects, maintains and modifies equipment for winter and/or summer programs.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to, waxer, wet belt sander, edger, drill press, computer, mounting jigs, bench grinder and other shop tools
- Completes appropriate documentation and record keeping required by NSCD and manufacturers
- Set-up adaptive equipment for group and individual lessons
- Keeps daily participant records current. (i.e. levels of ability and equipment usage)
- Follows safety procedures and attends safety meetings.
- Performs periodic hands on checks and maintenance to provide technical support to staff and clients.
- Maintains a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude towards guests, volunteers and other employees
Equipment and materials involved:
- Adaptive sports and recreation equipment and accessories.
- Vehicles such as snowmobiles, trucks, cars, trailers.
- Types of hand held ski repair equipment such as drills, mounting jigs, heat gun, wax, wax iron, files, miscellaneous hand tools, P-tex gun, pipe cutters, Belt sander, waxer, edger, etc.
- Hand tools such as hammers, files, screwdrivers, dykes, etc.
- Communication devices such as various types of radios, telephones, computers.