The Metro Programs Coordinator oversees metro based programs including daily activities, multi day camps and offsite programs. Supervises volunteer and instructors assigned to programs and requires flexibility regarding days and hours of work based on programming needs. The coordinator maintains student and group records, reports program statistics, assigns volunteer instructors to students and mentors volunteers. Directly teaches designated sports to individuals with disabilities.
- Develops content for and leads participant programming for metro sports and activities, including but not limited to team sports, NSCD Moves! activity course, lake and river paddle sports, hiking, biking, rock and wall climbing.
- Independent decisions about cancelling/changing programs during camps based on weather, client behaviors, client desires and staff allocation.
- Determines and modifies adaptive equipment.
- Instructs individual or group lessons using appropriate teaching progressions and exercises.
- Implements and evaluates participant improvement; documents participant progress and maintains accurate records; sets goals and makes recommendations for future lessons.
- Coordinate venue locations for programming.
- Coordinate scheduling of events/activities/programs.
- Prepares administrative documents for programs.
- Maintains client records, enrollments and rosters.
- Compiles client attendance and progress reports.
- Researches potential client sources, works collaboratively with marketing staff to expand client base.
- Creates and collaborates on distribution lists specific to target audiences.
- Identifies agencies and maintains contacts to increase database for program development.
- Promotes programming through collaborative efforts with participating agencies.