To be considered for this position, please submit an online application @ http://www.coppercolorado.com/jobs
Job Title: Adult Ski and Ride School Manager
Job Status: Regular, 10 months
Start Date: ASAP
The Adult Ski and Ride School Manager is responsible for all aspects of Operational Activity within the department, focusing towards the Adult Lesson Business Unit. With the help of the Adult Lesson Supervisors, this role oversees Private Lesson Bookings, Adult Group Lessons, and Adult Seasonal Program offerings. Under the direction of the General Manager, the goals of the school are achieved through extensive collaboration with the respective managers of the Youth School, Seasonal Programs, and Sales. Specifically, the Adult Ski and Ride School Manager will assist the General Manager with strategic programming, recruitment, scheduling, training, recognition, evaluation, and partnership agendas to deliver desired commercial results. They will also lead a team of supervisors, instructors, and support staff to deliver exceptional guest experiences aimed at generating revenue. Coaching front–line staff to drive repeat business from loyalty and retention is an ongoing and integral part of this role.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read Copper Mountain literature & forms
- Must have the ability to deal with high levels of activity (i.e., phone and guest/employee contact) for long periods of time
- Must be able to have adequate hearing for phone conversations in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to speak and pronounce the English Language free from error on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have fine motor skills
- Must be able to ski/ride all terrain at Copper Mountain.
- Level 3 PSIA/AASI Certification is required.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in the ski industry with a working knowledge of ski and ride school operations is required. 2 to 3 years of business experience including public relations, operations, training and business management is preferred. Guest service experience is a plus.
- Due to our dynamic environment, must be open-minded and ready to learn new skills. In addition, upon hiring, they will begin to attend applicable training classes. Topics not covered in training, but with which a Manager must be familiar include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office products, resort specific software, and the internet. Managers should also be able to multi-task, independently problem solves using good judgment, and assesses situations that may or may not need to be passed along to a General Manager. Managers should have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and to small and large groups of people.
- Passion for snowboarding, skiing and teaching.
- Proven leadership skills, planning ability and vision.
- Problem-solver, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado’s playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here – Apply now!