Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are necessary to maintain your certification status. Once certified, the requirement is 12 hours (2 days) every other season. Courses offered throughout the season at various locations will provide you with the necessary credits. New in the 15-16 season, Alpine and Snowboard Level 2 and higher certified members must attend the Certification Update Clinic once every 4 seasons, unless the member is going for a certification in any discipline (this includes prerequisites).
Notes About CEUs
- Courses taken in any division of PSIA/AASI are valid to meet the educational credit requirement
- Courses in a discipline other than one in which the member is certified are valid to meet the requirement
- If you have attended a clinic or exam during the current season, your record of attendance will now show on your personal page at either the Rocky Mountain member portal or the ASEA website.
- Please contact the RM office at (970) 879-8335 if you have questions or concerns about your educational credits
Non-PSIA/AASI Educational Credits
- Rocky Mountain members may submit a Non-PSIA/AASI form for clinic credits attended outside of PSIA. Members with 25 to 34 years of RM membership must attend a clinic or exam and may not submit non-PSIA/AASI educational credits.
- Specific clinic types only will be accepted and the fee is as shown on the form
- Examples of accepted clinic types include, but are not limited to: Avalanche awareness clinics, Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid , customer-service clinics or courses, kinesiology courses, USSA coaches clinics and clinics/courses attended through a foreign certification entity
- Ineligible clinics include those taken through a member’s snowsports school
- If you are a full time student at an accredited college or university you can submit the Student CEU Form with a copy of your current transcript to receive a waiver on your education requirements. See the Membership tab and Membership Forms to download the CEU Waiver.
Download Non-PSIA/AASI Ed Credit Form